Chocolate Eclairs, Profiterles & Cream Puffs Recipe
In my opintion, Eclairs, Profiteroles and Cream Puffs are by far some of the easiest desserts to make. They all start from the same pastry – Pate A Choux. After piping them on a baking sheet, you cook for 15 – 20 mins, cool then fill with pastry cream.
3/4 cup of water
6 tablespoons of buter
1/4 teaspoon of salt
1 cup flour
1. Combine water, butter and salt in a saucepan over med heat. Bring to a boil and stir.
2. After boil, remove from heat and sift in the flour – stir to combine fully.
3. Return to heat and cook, until a paste forms on the bottom of the pan. (5 -10 mins). Be sure to fully cook or your pastry will be runny.
4. Beat in eggs one at a time, waiting till they are absorbed before adding the next one.
1. Dissolve cornstarch and 1/4 cup of the milk. Combine the remainder of the the milk with the sugar in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Remove from heat.
2. Beat whole eggs then yolks into the cornstarch mixture. Pour 1/3 of the boiling milk into the egg mixture to temper. Whisk constantly.
3. Return the remaining milk to a boil. While whisking, pour the hot egg mixture into the saucepan.
4. Continue whisking until the cream thickens and comes to a boil. Remove from the heat and add the butter and vanilla.
5. Lay plastic wrap onto a cookie sheet and pour your pastry cream onto the plastic sheet. Fold over and press to seal. Chill immediately in a refrigerator till cool.