Pizza Recipe – Pizza Sauce Recipe (Part II)
Here’s part II for your home made pizza recipe. The fresher the ingredients the better the taste – the good news is that the ingredients is so simple that you can get great results without spending a ton.
Pizza Sauce Recipe
1) 5-6 Fresh Roma tomatoes (If not available during the season, a large can of whole peeled tomatoes (drained) is a great option)
2) one medium yellow onion diced
3) dash of sea salt
4) handful of fresh basil leaves (or dried if not available).
5) 2 tablespoons of olive oil
Directions for Pizza Sauce
1) On medium heat, add olive oil and saute your onions with a dash of salt.
2) cook till onions are translucent.
3) add tomatoes – if you’re using canned tomatoes be sure to drain the water
4) turn up to high heat and use a wooden spatula to crush down the tomatoes
5) cook until you get a thick tomato paste consistency (this is important cause you don’t want your pizza to be soggy).
6) add in basil leaves
Prep of Pizza
From your prepared pizza dough, spread the sauce over the pizza, add mozarella cheese, and slices of basil. That’s all you need for great pizza. For added flavor, add your preferred meat toppings such as sausage or pepperoni. Bake for 10-15 mins or until golden brown at the lowest rack of an oven set to 500F.