Home Made Pizza. Recipe for Pizza Crust (Part I)
What does Grimaldi’s and Lombardi’s pizza of NY have in common? They both use very simple fresh ingredients. This means you can basically enjoy the same pizza in your own home! So here’s a 2 part blog post with pizza recipes so you can make your own pizza.
Home Made Pizza Crust Recipe
Yes, you can just buy a pre-made crust from the store, but why? It’s so easy to make your own pizza crust and it will taste so much better.
Pizza Crust Recipe Ingredients
1 1/2 cups warm water (105F) (filtered water or bottled water)
4 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour (Semolina Flour is best)
1 tablespoons of olive oil
1 1/2 teaspoon of brown sugar
1 teaspoon of honey
2 1/2 teaspoon of salt
1/2 teaspoon of yeast / half packet of active dry yeast
Pizza Crust Recipe Instructions
1) Measure out water in a glass measuring cup and add honey and sugar.
2) Microwave the water mixture for 30 seconds on high or until temp is 105 F
3) Add yeast and stir. Wait 10 mins or until yeast begins to foam
4) Mix salt and flour on a clean work surface. Shape into a volcano.
5) Pour 1/3 of the water/yeast mixture into the hole of the volcano.
6) Slowly take in the flour from the surrounding and mix with the water mixture. When fully mixed, add remaining liquid.
7) Knead for 10 minutes and shape dough into a ball
8) Coat outside of dough ball with olive oil and allow to rest in the bottom of a bowl covered with plastic wrap for 1 hour or until volume doubles.
9) Punch down the dough, form a ball. Allow to relax for 2 minutes. Then roll out dough on a cookie sheet covered with aluminum foil and sprinkled with corn meal.
That’s all there is for the Pizza Crust Recipe. Stay tuned for the sauce and toppings coming next.