Ma Po Dou Fu Recipe
(Spicy Pork To Fu)
Here’s a relatively easily recipe for a famous Northern dish. It’s traditionally quite oily and spicy but you can vary it to your taste.
1) Silken Tofu (1 lb or less) Soft tofu is best but firm varieties can also be used.
2) 1lb of ground lean pork
3) a few cloves of garlic
4) 1-2 tablespoons edame beans cooked (optional)
5) Lee Kum Kee Ma Po Dou Fu Sauce (yeah we cheated)
6) Chinese Ma sauce.
7) A teaspoon of soy sauce
8) Tablespoon of Cornstarch
9) One scallion.
Serves 2-3 people.
1) Take your ground pork and add cornstarch and soy sauce. Stir and let marinate for about 5 minutes.
2) Fry each side of your Tofu till golden brown (about 2-3 minutes on each side on high heat)
3) Fry garlic in hot oil in your wok and then add pork. Cook till about 50%
4) Remove pork and add in your tofu and edame beans.
5) Stir in pork and add in your Ma Po Dou Fu sauce and Ma sauce.
6) Cover pan with a lid and let steam for about 5 mins.
7) Add cut scallion and serve immediately.